I lost my serial number
I need to re-download a soundbank
Downloading and registering a plugin
To register the demo version, click the cog (settings) icon in the plugin. In the settings dialog that opens, type or paste the serial number you received when you purchased the plugin. Freeware plugins do not require registration.
Some plugins can be unregistered from within the software. Otherwise, unregister the plugin by deleting the settings file located at:
C:\ProgramData\Oblivion Sound Lab\*PLUGIN NAME*\settings.xml
Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Oblivion Sound Lab/*PLUGIN NAME*/settings.xml
Note: Windows’ ProgramData folder is hidden by default, and can be viewed by changing Explorer’s settings to show hidden items.
What sort of copy protection do you use?
As a small team we would rather spend our time building great, affordable software, instead of devising convoluted copy protection to outwit pirates.
Where are plugins installed?
VST3: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\
Data: C:\ProgramData\Oblivion Sound Lab\*PLUGIN NAME*\
AU: Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/
VST3: Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/
Data: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Oblivion Sound Lab/*PLUGIN NAME*/
Logic doesn’t detect a newly installed plugin
If the plugin is still not available, rescan your plugins. Choose Logic Pro X > Preferences > Plug-In Manager, or MainStage 3 > Preferences > Plug-In Manager, then click “Reset & Rescan Selection”.
Do you offer refunds?
If you purchased a plugin or soundset from a reseller then you should refer to their refund policy, in case it differs from our own.
Send us the name, email and postal address of the new owner, and after receiving payment (if applicable) we will transfer the plugin to them. The new owner must have an account on the Oblivion Sound Lab website before the transfer can proceed. Once the license has been transferred you must delete all copies of the plugin/soundbank in your possession, including any license keys.
NFR (Not for Resale) copies, including freeware products and giveaway copies, cannot be resold.
Multi-channel output in Hex Drum
Play voices melodically in Hex Drum
See Ableton’s documentation for using multi-timbral plug-in instruments.
- Add a MIDI Out plugin to the Channel Rack.
- Set its Channel to the MIDI channel you want to monitor, and its Port to any number.
- Add Hex Drum to the Channel Rack.
- Open its plugin wrapper settings and set MIDI Input Port to the same port you chose earlier.
- Add a Midi Out instance for each additional MIDI channel you want to monitor.
Logic Pro X
- Create a new project.
- Click the Add Tracks + button above the track headers to open the New Tracks dialog.
- Select Software Instrument and check the Multi-timbral checkbox, specifying 8 parts.
- Logic will create 8 new tracks in its arrangement window, each assigned to a MIDI channel.
- Finally, in the software instrument track’s channel strip click the Instrument slot, and add a 16xStereo instance of Hex Drum.
- Add Hex Drum to a track.
- Add an empty track and configure its routing to send all MIDI inputs to the appropriate channel on Hex Drum’s track.
- Add an empty track for each additional MIDI channel you want to monitor, routed accordingly.
- Add Hex Drum to an instrument track.
- In the Track List set the track’s Instrument Channel to the MIDI channel you want to monitor.
- To monitor an additional channel add another instrument track. Set its Instrument Output to Hex Drum and its Instrument Channel to the appropriate MIDI channel.
See this article for further details.
Get in touch
If you have a question that isn’t answered here, please get in touch and we’ll try our best to help.